glyph 75: maps cartography explorers london galleries antique globes
From http://www.themaphouse.com/frames4.html 6 Dec 04:
"The Map House of London is the world's leading antique map dealer. Founded in 1907, The Map House moved to its present location adjacent to Harrods in Knightsbridge in 1973, where its six galleries contain the finest and most comprehensive collection of original antique maps, antique engravings and antique globes for sale anywhere.
"Our map stock of over 10,000 maps, dating from the 15th to 20th Centuries, includes original maps by important "Golden Age" cartographers such as Gerard Mercator, Abraham Ortelius and Willem and Jan Blaeu, the French map makers Nicolas Sanson and Guillaume De L'isle, through to the "explorers" maps published by the Royal Geographical Society."
entered before July 9, 2006